9.30am-2.00pm Monday 23rd March 2015
Bayview Geographe Resort
555 Bussell Highway, Busselton WA 6280
DDWA members – FREE
Non-members – $20.00 (or become a member and attend free of charge)
* Registration includes morning tea & light lunch
FREE for People with Disability, Family & Friends.
Click here to become a member of DDWA online
Developmental Disability WA (DDWA) invites you to come along to one of these highly practical and interactive workshops for parents wanting to better understand the kind of support they can provide to their son or daughter to help them gain meaningful employment.
Things to first consider:
- What part will employment play in your son or daughter’s life?
- What are the big questions to ask to get the balance right?
- How can you prepare your son or daughter for employment?
- What is a good quality job?
Working in partnership with your school to achieve the best transition to work outcome for your son or daughter
- What factors influence transition outcomes?
- What are the responsibilities of the school and of the family?
- What does individual employment planning look like?
- What is good quality work experience?
Working in partnership with a disability employment service
- How does a Disability Employment service work?
- What is a good quality employment service?
- What are the key questions to ask a disability employment service? How can I help to get my son or daughter a job?
About the Presenter:
Sue Robertson is the former Managing Director and co-founder of EDGE Employment Solutions, an employment agency for job seekers with disabilities, which has secured 6000 award wage jobs for 2500 workers with disabilities since 1984. Sue has presented at numerous international conferences on employment and disability and has published in international journals on this topic. In 2010 she was a finalist in the WA Citizen of the Year Awards (Community Service category). Sue has served on a number of Boards and advisory councils in the sector including the Board of DSC (1999 -2002) and Brightwater Care Group (1998-2006).
If you are interested in attending this workshop but are unavailable on this date, please contact Mary Butterworth at DDWA to express your interest. ‘Preparing For Employment’ will be held again in the south west if there is sufficient interest.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 9420 7230 (excluding Wednesdays)