Download the latest status from Main Roads WA regarding the Margaret River Main Roads project overview.
Download the July 2013 Minutes from the Margaret River Perimeter Road Community Resource Group workshop.
The MRCCI Position Statement on the Margaret River Perimeter Road project is as follows:
- MRCCI strongly supports the principle of establishing a perimeter road to the east of Margaret River, in order to:
- Alleviate heavy vehicle movements through the Main Street;
- Allow Main Roads to relinquish management of the Mainstreet back to the Shire of Augusta Margaret River so that we can implement our own vision for the Margaret River Town Centre Streetscape;
- MRCCI welcomes funding initiatives aimed at bringing forward construction of the Perimeter Road;
- MRCCI is concerned that funding and implementation of the southern portion of the Perimeter Road in isolation will exacerbate current problems associated with heavy vehicle in the Main Street. To this end, MRCCI urges all levels of Government to commit to the completion of the Perimeter Road without delay.
MRCCI would sincerely like to thank Steve Brake, BE (Civil) MIEAust, Director Perth / Margaret River – TME Town Planning Management Engineering for his commitment to the MRCCI representation whilst as an executive committee member of the MRCCI and now as a delegate for the MRCCI. His support, input and contribution on behalf of the MRCCI to the project’s Community Resource Group is greatly valued.