Local community, volunteer and service-based organisations have until4pm on Friday 6 March 2014 to apply for funding from the 2014-2015 Community Development Grants Fund.
The fund is an initiative of the Shire of Augusta Margaret River which provides up to $1000 per successful organisation to assist in the delivery of community events and activities.
The priorities for this round of funding will be for projects that:
- contribute to the wellbeing of the local community
- encourage more membership
- enhance the functioning of the organisation
- increase community involvement in arts and culture
- upskill volunteers
- create accessible opportunities people with culturally and linguistically diverse and people living with disability.
Shire of Augusta Margaret River Director of Corporate and Community Services Annie Riordan said a maximum of 10 groups would be able to receive funding this round.
“We are very fortunate to live in a place where there are many opportunities for community members to be active and involved,” she said.
“This grant funding acknowledges the excellent work being done by our community groups and provides a small funding boost to help them in their operations.”
Grant Guidelines and an Application Form are available atwww.amrshire.wa.gov.au
For further information about the contact 9780 5255 or email@example.com