Enable WA is a non-government, not for profit organisation, providing support to individuals and their families living with disability and mental health diagnosis, as well as aging and short and long term illness.
Enable WA’s fundamental philosophy that “with belief, anything is possible” underpins the way they operate as a business and as individuals in our community.
They employ a team of over 350 dedicated staff who understand the importance of inclusion as a concept for developing and maintaining a good life. They also acknowledge for some people, this may only involve meeting day to day personal support.
Their purpose is driven by the belief that everyone deserves the opportunity of a ‘typical life’.
The objective is to ensure their Clients are involved in a variety of daily experiences which are characterised by;
- Sharing places: sharing the ordinary places of community life at the same time and in the same way as others.
- Belonging: developing a wide, diverse range of relationships with people.
- Being somebody: being respected by others and seen as a valued person who has a positive role to play in life.
- Choosing: making choices, big and small in all areas of life.
- Contributing: your talents, passions, interests, ideas and opinions to others in the community.
- Support: getting the right, practical supports to meet your needs
To find out more, visit www.enablewa.org.au.